Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time is finally catching onto the problem!

Sorry folks for being away once again, as much as I would like to update frequently, my personal life is just in a frenzy. I know that maybe a month or two ago, Alan Collinge, stated that there are moles within his Student Loan Justice movement, moles that pretend to be borrowers in trouble when they're really student loan officers looking for delinquent accounts and issuing referrals.

I am here to tell you, that I am not a student loan officer undercover. And to any agents and moles reading this, I will kindly tell you to please leave my blog, you will not find what you're looking for.

In other news, I found an online article from Time, who is finally recognizing the problem. And I even took note of the one comment (please, feel free to add to this!) saying that it's a debt prison we're in.

In this time of uncertainty where Congress is arguing over the national debt, the debt ceiling, the nation's credit being downgraded and a rise in gold, I agree with Mr. Collinge that Congress is focusing on the wrong debt...

I've made this argument before...I could do so much more with my life if I had more room to grow under this crush debt. I'd love to be able to apply for a job and not have to sweat when they tell me they'll run a credit check...
I'd love to be able to go into a car dealership and get myself a car that I won't have to pray will start.
I'd love to go into an apartment complex and not sweat when the landlord runs the background check.
I'd love to go to a community college and take a few classes, maybe even follow my original dream of becoming a teacher and at least give myself a career where I can actually make loan payments and not have to starve.
I'd love to do all that, just live a decent little life...nothing luxurious, just a roof over my head, an economical car and a 9-to-5 job and I would be happy just with that.
And it angers me that I can't even have those 3 things because of this financial bear trap.

So, I'll just continue to follow Alan Collinge's orders...write to the press, write to a congressman, contribute what I can financially to Student Loan Justice (He said he'd be happy if everyone could pitch in $5) and just not give up.

I'll try to post more in the coming weeks. Good luck to everyone out there. Godspeed.

1 comment: